During this crazy time, take advantage of the emptiness in your day and focus on you! This is a stressful time for all, so we need to make sure we are prioritizing taking care of our selves on a lot of different aspects.
- Take your skincare seriously: Now that you have no excuse in the morning or evening, make sure you are cleansing, toning, moisturizing, the whole nine yards every morning and night! Whatever skincare looks like to you, make it a priority. This is a great time to let your skin breathe and reset itself! A fabulous idea would also be a mid-day face mask, who can argue with that?
- Move your body: Movement is so important, especially right now! Whether you are working or taking classes from home, you are probably stuck in the same position for most of the day. Break up your days with movement - take a walk every few hours, do an at-home workout, or run around with your pet! Moving your body throughout the day will boost your mood and productivity.
- Read a book: Whether you re-read one of your favorites, read a new find, or read that one book laying around you have not had time for, you have the time now! Reading will help your mind from staring at a screen all day and take you away from the stresses of the world.
- Start a journal: This is a fantastic time to gather your thoughts and put them all on paper! There is something very therapeutic about writing in a notebook, so why not start journaling. Wake up every morning and write down three things you are grateful for, then before you go to bed reflect on your day!
- Catch up on sleep: Although this may not be a possibility for everyone, if you have more time in the morning from your commute or more time at night with no plans, catch up on sleep! Sleep is one of the best ways to show your body how much you love it. Whether you are able to sleep in an extra hour or go to sleep an hour or two earlier, try to find ways in your day to allow you to sleep longer!
- FaceTime your friends: Even if they are your friends right down the street, it is important to stay connected outside of social media. Call your friend you haven't seen in years, we know it will brighten your day and theirs! FaceTiming your friends can even cure the urge to be going out and seeing people other than your family.
Stay safe and healthy!
The Ladies of Dress Up